Trust Land Committee
2020-21 School Community Council
Working together for school improvement!
*Mariah Wheeler-Parent-Vice Chair
*Committee members who are on their 2nd year term
Kanab Middle School Community Council Meeting Agenda
April 22, 2021
- Welcome and Attendance
- March Meeting Minutes: Review and Approve
- Review Election Cycle
- 2020-21 Elections at Registration
- Review terms and returning council parent members (Terms up for Mary Kabella, Mariah Wheeler-parents/Brian Palmer-teacher)
- Propose to change committee members from 5 parents and 2 teachers to 4 parents and 1 teacher for the upcoming years.
- Updates from Legislature-testing requirements-RISE, Civics Exam, etc.
- Feedback about upcoming KMS calendar items-6th Grade visit, 8th-grade promotion, Teacher Appreciation week
KMS School Community Council Meeting Schedule
September 17, 2020
October 15, 2020
November 19, 2020
January 21, 2021
February 18, 2021
March 25, 2021
April 6, 2021
April 22, 2021
Meetings are held at 3:00 in Mrs. Jeanine Johnson's Classroom at KMS. Public welcome to attend.
For a complete copy of Rules of Order and Procedures Click Here
Dollar amounts received each year Click Here
School Trust Lands Plans for current and past years Click Here
*Please note: The School Land Trust Plan and School Improvement Plan have been consolidated into one.
Serving on the School Community Council
Serving on the Community Council is a wonderful way for parents and teachers to contribute and help improve academic performance at our school. The school receives an annual dividend from the school trust lands. Our council decides how these funds will be used. This year our school will be receiving $41,019.00.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our Community Council, please fill out this form and give to Principal Braxton Bateman by the second Friday in May.
Election dates/times: KMS Back-to-School Night in August