Trust Land Committee
2018-19 School Community Council
Working together for school improvement!
*Carragh Maloney, CHAIR-Parent
Mariah Wheeler, VICE CHAIR-Parent
Lexie Little, SECRETARY-Parent
*Committee members who are on their 2nd year term
KMS School Community Council Meeting Agenda
April 24, 2019
Welcome and Attendance:
Review and approve March meeting minutes:
- RISE TESTING
- SRI/STAR TESTING
- Assembly Thursday @ 1:00, Collin Kartchner
- KMS Track Meet: April 30th
- Tumble Tyme Gym Performance: April 2nd
- Teacher Appreciation Week: May 6-10th
- Civics Exam: May 14th
- 6th grade visit and AirBAND: May 17th
- School Trip: May 20th
- Promotion May 23rd @5PM
- Awards Assembly May 24th @ 8 AM/Last Day of School!!
Teacher Appreciation Week Planning:
Review 2019-20 KMS Fee Schedule: No Fees (SCC Approval)
Review election cycle:
- 2019-20 Elections in the fall
- Review terms & Returning council PARENT members
- Terms up for Carragh and Tiffany
- Returning council members: Mariah, Kacie, Lexie
KMS School Community Council Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held at 3:00 in Mrs. Jeanine Johnson's Classroom at KMS. Public welcome to attend.
For a complete copy of Rules of Order and Procedures Click Here
Dollar amounts received each year Click Here
School Trust Lands Plans for current and past years Click Here
*Please note: The School Land Trust Plan and School Improvement Plan have been consolidated into one.
Serving on the School Community Council
Serving on the Community Council is a wonderful way for parents and teachers to contribute and help improve academic performance at our school. The school receives an annual dividend from the school trust lands. Our council decides how these funds will be used. This year our school will be receiving $32,386.00.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our Community Council, please fill out this form and give to Principal Braxton Bateman by the second Friday in May.
Election dates/times: KMS Back-to-School Night in August